A federal program to assist individuals with home and community based services to support their independence in the community.
LINC INC assists individuals transition from long-term care institutions into an independent living setting.
The goal of the Community Reintegration Program is to identify services and supports that an individual with a disability may need in order to move into a less restrictive setting and to live independently. This program is provided at no cost to the consumer and is funded by Illinois Department of Human Services’ Division of Rehabilitation Services (DHS/DRS).
Upon determination of eligibility, the following services may be provided:
- Locate and secure affordable housing
- Assist with the first month’s rent and security deposit
- Provide household items
- Provide assistive equipment and devices
- Arrange for home modifications to ensure independent safe functioning
- Provide training in independent living skills
- Make referrals of personal assistant services
- Provide personal assistant management training
- Provide case management
- Provide advocacy
- Peer support
Eligibility criteria include:
- Has any disability expected to last 12 months or longer
- Any age
- Live in an Illinois institution/long term care facility (i.e. nursing home, CILA home, rehab facility, etc.)
- Has a barrier to returning to the community that is reasonably accommodated
- Has income to support costs of community based living (i.e. SSI, SSDI, etc.)
- Must be determined to be a safe discharge
The program can also assist individuals over 60 years of age with a diagnosis of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) or HIV/Aids.
Referrals can be made by nursing home staff, the individual, family or friends. Once the referral is received, a Transition Coordinator will meet with the potential participant to explain the program and assess the needs and support needed for a successful transition.
If you or someone you know could benefit from these services, feel free to call LINC INC's Office at 618-235-9988, or e-mail staff member Sarah Albert firstname.lastname@example.org .